Monday 23 August 2010

All change

Those of you who are subscribed to this blog on RSS would have had pretty continuous radio silence for quite some time. I do apologise but the title of the blog is virtualisation tribulations after all – it would be far too easy if everything ran smoothly, wouldn’t it?

I won’t go into the reasons I suddenly stopped writing in any detail, suffice to say it was decided that there was an inherent conflict of interest. My position as a Product Manager at COMPUTERLINKS often permitted me access to information about products and companies that was not in the public domain. This, on occasion, presented a challenge when writing something that I was trying to make an interesting and thought-provoking (perhaps even controversial…?) read. For these reasons, I decided to stop writing.

However, things have now changed. I am no longer doing the role I was previously, I have now taken on the exciting task, as Virtualisation Product Manager at COMPUTERLINKS, of setting up a virtualisation practice. With that, I wanted to re-start my blog and tackle some of the issues faced by IT administrators and resellers in the virtual world. A lot has happened in the last few months.

No comments: