Thursday 11 September 2008

On a somewhat more personal note...

There comes a time in most men's lives when they must kiss a fond farewell to youth, freedom and singleton-ism (if that's even a word) and devote their undivided attention to the future mother of their children. That time has now, happily, arrived for the otherwise completely devoted creator of this blog. It is with perhaps a touch of excited nervosity, but yet every confidence, that, at about 1:00pm on Friday 19th September 2008, I will be standing by the altar of the Catholic church in Newmarket, about to turn round and watch my esteemed marketing colleague at COMPUTERLINKS, Maria Curley, walking up the aisle, preparing to admit she wants to spend the rest of her life with me.

I honestly couldn't be a happier chappy but, ultimately, something must give. Blogs and new wives just don't mix, so the blog will just have to get used to life with its master as a married man and take a break for a couple of weeks.

I shall resume my ramblings upon my return when, I happen to know, there will most certainly be one or two things to discuss. (It's VMWorld next week, don't forget, and I can safely say now that Citrix may well out-manoeuvre VMWare on the announcement front once again - the first time being the XenSource acquisition the day before VMWare's IPO. Sorry, but I am not permitted say any more than that at this stage.)

Until then, I bid thee goodbye. I promise to think of you all, suffering the early UK winter, whilst I contemplate whether to take a 6 or a 7 iron on the first par 3 of the Old Course at Vilamoura.

My tips for a wife? Find someone who organises events for a living and has previously been called The Incredible Sleeping Woman whilst on holiday. You need do next to nothing for the wedding and you get to play golf on your honeymoon while she sleeps. That, my friends, is the perfect wife!

Adios amigos.

No comments: