Thursday 28 August 2008

I love Citrix! Woohoo!

I have been royally slated today for supposedly biting the hand that feeds me. Please can I therefore have it be known, officially, that my livelihood has been built on Citrix products and that I have stayed loyal to Citrix, despite temptation, for very good reasons. I love Citrix products and I think they're world-beaters but I am also entitled to an opinion on what I think is right and wrong. Some keep their opinions to themselves, others write blogs. Citrix have set high standards for themselves and expect an enormous amount of commitment, accuracy and investment from their distributors. They get it from us in spades, but if I think something needs highlighting, I will highlight it - good or bad.

I try to see things from a customer's point of view, despite the fact my salary is generated by Citrix sales. At the same time, I like to remain as independent as I can because I don't believe that people would read my blog and take it seriously, bearing in mind my position, if all I could find to bang on about was how good Citrix is. Dan Shappir from Ericom got roasted on Brian Madden's website for pretending to offer sound technical advice to questions arising, but in fact surreptitiously pushing his company's products by doing it. People saw through it, got sick of him and "asked" him to stop posting.

For those that think I do nothing but whinge, I have 2 major articles I am waiting to publish on here that extol Citrix to the hilt, I am just waiting for them to be released in their appropriate channels first. Apparently if I publish them here, they no longer remain exclusive and some of the press demand exclusivity.

I have worked with Citrix for about 4-5 years now and I have done nothing but help take their products to market in the best way I can, so see no reason to have to justify myself because I happen to have a critical and investigative manner.

Petulant little outburst over.

4 comments:

EricomGuy said...

For a person so extolling his own personal integrity, you make some very cheap shots. Here is what I have to say:

1. To my knowledge I have never posted anything that was technically inaccurate on Brian Madden's site or anywhere else

2. I have never hidden my identity or the fact that I work for Ericom. This is unlike the many Citrix 'guests' that post there

3. I've never provided any advice regarding the use of any Citrix products as I have never claimed to be a Citrix expert

4. BrianMadden.com belongs to Brian Madden, not to the Citrix 'guests' that troll there. Brian himself has never asked me to stop posting there, quit the contrary

Your lies will not change these facts. You are now welcome to delete my comment, or leave it if you really do have some integrity ...

Rupert Collier said...

Why would I delete your comment? I am happy to have riled a VP of a competitive company so much that he comments on my insignificant little blog! I am proud and pleased that there is some interaction on here now, I was wondering if anyone was even reading it at all! Thanks Dan!

Anonymous said...

quit the contary or quit the country. Knob!

Anonymous said...

What is this Ericom stuff anyway?? I've never heard of them so surely their opinions and products are somewhat insignificant in the enterprise market ;-)